I’m finally in a relationship! Let me tell you, this has been a long time coming. I’ve been officially boyfriend-less since 2006. Finally I have met that special someone. Someone that makes me laugh, nourishes my soul and provides me with the sustenance I need to make it through my days. I never thought I’d find my perfect match. I’ve always been hopeful though! You know what they say, keep the faith!
Now it’s time for introductions. Everyone this is paleo, my boyfriend. Paleo, meet everyone!
There are so many reasons why paleo melts my heart, and makes it skip a beat. My dear paleo, I love you, let me count the ways.
1) You are sexy. That’s right you sexy beast. You are gorgeous, natural, real and whole. Check out these pictures, you are to die for.
2) You are fun. I love spending time with you, in the kitchen, getting wild on the counter, in the oven, on the stove top, and finishing off on the table. Experimenting, letting go, and just feeling.
3) You bring out my creative side. I’ve always known I was creative but I never knew just how. Finding you has enabled me to connect with my creativity. I now know what that fire, that passion inside me was all about. It’s been waiting for you paleo! Waiting for your sweet, savory, delicious spark to bring it out of me.
4) You challenge and inspire me. I start every day wanting to be better than I was yesterday. I want to continue to create and explore your characteristics. To learn more about you. You have an air of mystery that keeps me intrigued, striving for more information, and more knowledge. You make me want to grow and become a better person.
5) You, um, taste good. Ok, I don’t kiss and tell people. Enough said.
6) You love me and nourish me. I have never felt so healthy, whole and complete. My energy is through the roof. I sleep like a baby. My hair and nails are growing like weeds, my skin shines, my eyes are bright, and I’m in the best shape physically that I’ve ever been in. My digestion and digestive issues have stabilized. I no longer bloat up like a balloon after every meal. My body is definitely reaping the rewards of your love and nourishment.
7) You support me. The more I give to you, the more you give back to me. You are reliable, trustworthy and honest. You are transparent, and you are real.
8) You make me laugh. Remember that batch of pancakes we made? The ones where I decided to try less egg in the recipe and you just turned into a plate of mush? You were putty in my hands (well, on my plate)! What a laugh we shared. And in spite of that mishap, you still tasted amazing.
9) You make me happy. My moods are stable. No more Ms. Cranky Pants in the middle of the afternoon, no more blood sugar dips. You give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Because of you I can work out in beast mode [almost] everyday, and as you know, that makes me VERY happy.
10) You’ve introduced me to a new way of life, and from all perspectives you’ve changed my life. You’ve given me a new lifestyle, new friends, and new goals. You have empowered me, and you have allowed me to find me. I will never be able to turn back and I never want to.
Paleo, I love you. You are my soul mate. Don’t ever leave me. I’d be nothing without you.